Procedures in the Event of a Confirmed Covid Case on a School Campus
We have had several questions as to proper notification procedures in the event of a confirmed case of Covid 19 on a campus. The following actions are required by PED and are what we follow:
- If staff - isolate/sent home.
- If student - isolate/parent notified/sent home.
- If it is a staff member, NMENV (NM Environmental Department) and PED are notified. All close contacts are reported to both agencies after contact tracing.
- If it is a student, PED is notified. All close contacts are reported to PED after contact tracing.
- Campus parents and staff are notified of a positive case on campus (this is not quarantine notification).
- Contact tracing is performed and individuals that have had close contact with the positive case are notified to quarantine for 10 days if unvaccinated. Fully vaccinated individuals are not currently required to quarantine unless they develop symptoms.
- Close contact = 15 minutes of contact with an infected individual over a period of 24 hours.
- Only the person that has had close contact is required to quarantine. People with indirect contact (family members of the person in quarantine) do not.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.