For Students and parents
8/22 DTMS Volleyball Scrimmage at Hot Springs - 9AM
8/24 Meet the Maverick Picnic at Maverick Stadium 6:30PM
8/25 LHS Volleyball at Silver City 5PM
8/25 DTMS Volleyball vs. Duncan 4PM
8/27 DTMS Volleyball at La Plata 4PM
8/28 LHS Football vs Willcox 4PM
Welcome to LMS
Welcome to the Lordsburg Municipal Schools website. Within the site you will find brief and basic information about the district and schools, including contact information for building principals. We believe that the children we serve are our reason for existence, and we recognize that efforts spent toward designing an elaborate website are efforts not spent serving the children.
Lordsburg Municipal Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
If there is additional information you would like to have regarding the district or any of our schools or programs, please contact us. Thank you for your visit to our site.
- Superintendent Randy Piper
Our Mission >>
Belief Statement >>
- Educational Proficiency
- Life-Long Learning
- Each educator, parent, and student is clear on the knowledge, skills, and dispositions students are expected to acquire in each course, grade level, and unit of instruction.
- The learning of each student is monitored on a timely basis. When students experience difficulty, the schools have structures in place to ensure they receive additional time and support for learning. When students have achieved mastery, meaningful enrichment opportunities will be provided.
- There is a climate of high expectations for student success, both while in school and beyond high school, and staff members communicate their high expectations to students, parents, and one another.
- A collaborative culture, assimilating open, honest, and constructive communication, ensures staff members work together interdependently to better meet the needs of their students and to analyze and improve their professional practice, using data to inform instruction. Scheduling occurs to support collaboration.
- Frequent reporting of student progress toward explicit learning outcomes helps staff members and parents take collective responsibility for student learning.
- Structures are created to promote widely dispersed leadership throughout the school, utilizing the creative talents of individuals within specific and clearly understood parameters to implement the district's curriculum.
- Each staff member will continually develop professional expertise because structures to support their ongoing, job-embedded learning, and continuous improvement are built into the school day and school year.
- Students and adults alike take pride in their school and know that their efforts, improvements, and achievements will be recognized and celebrated.
- Positive moral and ethical character among staff and students is consistently demonstrated.
- The school environment is safe and orderly.