Simple Actions You Can Take To
Help Prevent Suicide
In the era of Covid-19, as we all try to protect our mental health and cope with uncertainty, it’s more important than ever that we be there for each other and take steps to prevent suicide. You don’t have to be a mental health professional to make a difference. There are simple things we can all do to safeguard our mental health, and you don’t have to do it alone. Together, we #keep going.
- Learn how to care for you own mental health.
Download our self-care guide at afsp.org/KeepGoing.
- Have a #RealConvo with someone in your life. View our #RealConvo guides at afsp.org/RealConvo.
- Reach out to your public officials to demand smart mental health legislation. Learn how to advocate and take action to prevent suicide at afsp.org/ActionCenter.
- Bring suicide education and support programs to your school, workplace and community. Connect with your local chapter representative at afsp.org/Chapters.
- Share the warning signs, and learn what research tells us about suicide. Learn more about the warning signs at afsp.org/Signs.
- Add crisis resources to your phone, and encourage friends and family to do the same. Find a list of suicide prevention resources at afsp.org/Resources.
- Connect suicide loss survivors to healing resources. Explore loss and healing resources at afsp.org/Loss.
Source: American Foundation for Suicide Prevention